The Value of the Book:
These resources have been designed to accompany the Forever Fingerprints book! It is versatile and can be used in a variety of ways to meet the needs to families and children. The book itself:
- Provides a tool for talking adoption in a healthy way with your children
- Shows the secret of showing unconditional love to your adopted or foster child
- Helps the child feel a deepened sense of connection to both parents–adoptive/foster and birth families.
Adoption Ceremony to Accompany Book:
This short ceremony helps bring structure to a difficult day of saying goodbye, either to one’s birth parents or foster parents.
The Craft Sheet to Use for Personal or Public Fingerprinting Events
This craft sheet can be used in a variety of ways. Just supply these stheets (free download here) and ask everyone present to make a picture about adoption with fingerprints, colored markers, etc.
You will be amazed at what everyone creates!
- Fingerprinting Activities for:
- National Adoption Month (November)
- Orphan Sunday
- Book store reading
- Llibrary reading
- School reading
- Life books–have your child do one every year and see how his/her view of adoption changes over the years!
Forever Fingerprints Craft Sheet